Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Zing Zang Bloody Mary Vegetable Soup

Zing Zang is my favorite Bloody Mary mix. In fact, unless it is a homemade mix, I will not accept anything else from any restaurant. So when I had a bottle of it leftover from a party, and I needed to get rid of it, I thought about cooking with it and found this great recipe on their website. This is cooking at its simplest. This recipe makes A LOT. I froze half of it, and will bring it out of the freezer in a few weeks for another great dinner. Enjoy!

Prep Time:
30 minutes Servings: 8

1 medium onion, chopped $.80
3 stalks celery, chopped $.30
3 carrots, chopped $.25
1 small yellow squash, chopped $.45
1 small zucchini, chopped $.45
3 potatoes, peeled and chopped $1.00
1 16 ounce can chopped tomatoes $1.00
1 32 ounce bottle Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix $5.00
8 cups beef broth $2.50

Total Cost $11.75 Cost per Serving $1.47

Combine all ingredients in stock pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.

No comments: