Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chicken and White Bean Chili

This one you may laugh at me a little. I stumbled across this recipe as I was on the seasonings aisle, and I saw this packet of seasoning that caught my eye. It was seasoning for Chicken and White Bean Chili. So I took it home, tried it, and loved it. It is extremely healthy. The recipe on the package tells you to cook your chicken breasts in oil. I prefer to bake mine in the oven. SO here we go.

Prep Time: 35 minutes Servings: 4

1 lb. Chicken Breasts $4.00
One can of Great Northern Beans or Navy Beans $1.00
McCormick's White Bean Chili Seasoning package $1.50

Total: $6.50 Cost per serving $1.63

This recipe would also go well with some sauteed red peppers for a little more interesting meal, but it is not necessary.

Bake your chicken in the oven for 30 minutes at 350F. For this dish, I simply season my chicken with salt and pepper. Remove from the oven and dice the chicken. Place in a pot with the beans (do not strain), the seasoning, and water, and bring to a boil. Once it is heated, it is ready to eat. This is about as easy as it gets.

No comments: